REVIEW: Tangled Up In Love by Heidi Betts

Tangled Up In Love (Chicks with Sticks #1)Tangled Up In Love by Heidi Betts

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Tangled Up in You was kind of boring.

The plot was that two people who public hated eachother began sleeping together and fell in love. The end. Well, there were some funny lines in between, but overall I really did not care much about this book.

Dylan kept calling Ronnie prickly and fierce. His friends referred to her as the ice queen. *shrugs* Was that supposed to make me feel bad for her? Was the reader supposed to relate to her? I couldn’t. This was a poor, poor example of an author telling instead of showing.

Dylan was an okay hero – just not very memorable. But the model of him on the cover is certainly good-looking. :)

What annoyed me the most, though, were the cover comments on the book. Were they actually talking about this book? I am not really convinced. “I loved it!” (Lori Foster) “Fantastic!” (Carly Phillips) “The most entertaining romance of the year.” (Lisa Kleypas) Well, this book was published in 2009. I can think of at least five more entertaining romance novels published that year without even walking back to my bookshelf. Hmm . . .

Anyway, telling instead of showing, plain characters and lack of plot led me to give this book a low score.



Overall: 2 stars





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment